Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CLASS PROPHECY Y2K

When I was in High School, my classmate Lynn Antoinette made a class prophecy for our graduating section. All the best things that a graduating student would like to hear were all writen in there----a promise of a bright future waiting forus. We see visions of ourselves as successful individuals and professonals.
I could still recall that I was expected to land a great career in a reputable airline company as an International Flight Attendant. I really have no idea as to why Lynn have imagined me that way. At that time, I wasn't really thinking to undertake a career in an airline industry. I just do not know as to where it came from because it never even crossed my mind. Although Lynn is my classmate but we were never close, we have different set of friends and we seldom talk to each other. She must have seen something especial that would deserve me for the job. She could have chosen our "crush ng campus" & beauty queen classmate but she had me for it. I was delighted of the idea but I was also ashamed & conscious because of the reactions of others. I never considered myself a stunner and gorgeous. I am just an average looking, plain & simple student. I would have perfectly fit for a pre-school teacher description. Anyway, it was just a prophecy and at least I can be glamorous even on that. Years passed and I graduated from college and landed my fist job in a telephone company as a project-hired employee. It was then that I saw an advertisement for Emirates in the newspaper. I checked it and applied online (2005). In less than 3 months, I received an invitation from IPAMS to be at the Malate office for the "dry-run" sked and on the second day for the screening schedule. I have no idea then that IPAMS is the agency handling the recruitment. Most of all when I joined in the Quezon City, I am totally clueless on the process and what to expect. It was my first unsuccessful attempt. When I applied for the job, it was just in a spur-of-the-moment. I wasn't even reminded of the prophecy. No follow-up applications afterwards. I have totally fogotten about it. It was only on year-end part of 2009 that the idea sinked in and that I was reminded by what my classmate Lynn expected me to become. Now, I am trying my best to make my prophecy become a reality. This will surely serve as my motivating factor. Not so long from now, I will get the job and prove to Lynn that she wasn't wrong at all. Someday, I would personally thank Lynn for believing and seeing something exceptional in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment