Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DEAR RAIMUND,

Thank you for the support & encouragement that you have shown for my FA applications eventhough you have clearly expressed your disapproval of the said profession for me. I truly understand your reasons. You have always been a sensible person.

My decision to pursue a career that is totally different my professional experience & university degree may have surprised and confused you. Maybe because you have always thought of me as someone who knows what she wants since from the start. When I first mentioned it, you thought I was just joking and you didn't took me seriously for that. When you realized how determined I am, you're exact words were: "Why do you want to become a cabin crew? Don't you know that cabin crews are just waitresses on the air.", " You are over-qualified for that job", "You should make good use of your abilities than just being an FA". I was hurt with that and I strongly argued and defended my future job. Knowing your professional & educational standards, perhaps it was just a natural reaction . Sensing how serious I am for the job, you then said " You are old enough to decide for your self and that even your father cannot stop you from doing it. I am not your father and I am just giving my opinion and you are free to follow it or not". As I proceeded with my goal and was unsuccessful after several attempts, still you have comforted, cared, listened and inspired me even if you are not in favor of the idea. When I explained how tough the recruitment process, you have compared it to an "American Idol Audition".

I have been a constant failure on this goal, but you never added more insult to my injury. You have expressed your support, encouragement and sympathy. You always have high regards for me and have constantly believed in my ability more than I believe myself. I am deeply thankful for having you around and for always putting your faith in me.


Always,


Ruth Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment