Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IPINANGANAK NA MAHIRAP.....NAKALIGO KA NA BA SA DAGAT NG BASURA?

These are the first few lines in Manny Villar's campaign jingle. I am not a Villar voter but I am always pleased everytime I hear them played on TV & radio. Since the start of its airing, it seemed to have taken part of my everyday life. I always recite these lines with a smile when I am doing my household chores and even to the point of closing my eyes, the song keeps echoing back in my head. This has become my most favorite song & tv commercial. As I evaluate my fondness, I realized that the main reason behind my addiction is because the little girl reciting these two lines will always remind me of my self. She exactly resembled my childhood looks---skin, hair, clothing, smile, eyes & everything else. Our difference was that I did not or haven't lived in squatter areas. I grew up in a comfortable home with housemaid and that my parents can provide everything that I need. Even with that, I still look like a "batang yagit" or "batang bulingit". As a child, I just can't learned to maintain on how to look neat unlike with my older sister. Wherever I go and whatever I do, dirt/mud/dust have been my constant companion. No matter how my mother tried, I always look untidy even when the day had just started. Up to now, I still consider myself "batang-yagit & bulingit" and I like it that way. However, I already learned on how to present my self as neatly as possible because that's how FA's are expected to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment